Thanks to you and Louisa Hope, a Sydney siege survivor, we have raised almost $145,000 in the past year for nurses at the Prince of Wales Hospital, Thank you!
In March 2015, the Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation launched the Louisa Hope Fund for Nurses – to help nurses at the hospital have access to ‘seed money’, via a grant process, for any necessary equipment, research and education that nurses deem worthy! Throughout last year Louisa has been working hard to make sure that this fund is available to the nurses year after year.
Louisa’s achievement so far…
Louisa’s bravery to turn tragedy into triumph is something to behold. Even the previous NSW Premier, Mike Baird, matched Louisa’s initial $25,000 bringing the fund to a total of $50,000. This amount supported six nurse initiated programs which was totalled at $49,156. The Programs supported were:
- Identification of individuals with potential chronic diseases
- An App for the Vitality and Wellbeing of Nurses
- Improving access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in High Risk Areas to avoid spread of infection
- Providing a Heart Smart program to patients and community members to help the patient make better lifestyle decisions.
- A study into diabetes patients at the hospital and determining how to help improve their quality for life.
- Purchase of a vital sign detection device which will help nurses identify emergencies quickly and help save lives.
Hear more about Louisa Hope’s story here:
– Ben Fordham, 2GB Radio, 19.08.2016
“Louisa’s kind heart and generosity reminds us why we come to work every day.”
Jon RobertsPrevious General Manager of The Prince of Wales Hospital
What will your donation do?
Louisa’s dream has always been to ensure these funds are available to the nurses in perpetuity. Your donations will help to keep this dream alive and will empower the nurses at the Prince of Wales Hospital. You will give them the opportunity to decide how best to improve patient care, conduct vital research, further their education, or buy equipment which might benefit you or someone you love.